Take a look at http://quake.nyct.net/~efutch/FreeBSD/ftpio.c.patch-3 and
let me know if this is what you want.  Really it's such a stupid problem
that not patching it wouldn't make sense.

Eric Futch              New York Connect.Net, Ltd.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         Technical Support Staff
http://www.nyct.net     (212) 293-2620
"Bringing New York The Internet Access It Deserves"