:Thanks, but there is code in rl_rxeof() to align to a 32 bit boundary.
:If that weren't the case than I would expect the Alpha to panic with
:other IP applications, not just NFS.
:
:I don't know, NFS must be doing something weird.
:
:---
:Gary Jennejohn / [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    NFS will realign the data payload for misaligned packets.

    I agree it sounds like an issue in the NFS code somewhere.  Something
    that is slipping through unnoticed.  If someone can get a crash dump
    and do a stack backtrace, or even a simple DDB 'trace', it should be
    opssible to track the problem down.

                                        -Matt
                                        Matthew Dillon
                                        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>