On 4/7/2015 3:14 PM, Mike Tancsa wrote:
On 4/7/2015 3:04 PM, Garrett Cooper wrote:
Hi,
    I just tried to upgrade my system from a Nehalem style era
CPU/motherboard (a W series Xeon/P6T-WS) to a Haswell style
CPU/motherboard (an E-series Haswell/Z97 motherboard), and I’ve run
into some fun issues with my LSI 9240-4i controller. In particular,
it’s timing out because of issues noted similar to here:
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2011-October/064404.html
. I’ve done the following so far to try and diagnose the issue:
    - Upgraded the firmware on the card and in the BIOS

Probably not related to your issue, but another trick with this card that was helpful for me

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2014-December/262744.html

        ---Mike