> On 17 Sep 2015, at 20:23, Russell L. Carter <rcar...@pinyon.org> wrote:
>

>> On 09/17/15 10:40, Matthias Apitz wrote:
>> El día Thursday, September 17, 2015 a las 11:02:07AM -0400, Kris Moore
>> escribió:

>>> BTW, have you tried the xf86-video-scfb driver? It works much better
>>> than vesa here. The only catch is you have to be booted UEFI with CSM
>>> disabled. Using it on my X1 Carbon, gets 3k resolution properly and
>>> everything. Thanks to Glen Barber for bringing that to my attention.
>>
>> The Chromebook Acer C720 does not has UEFI; it runs Coreboot with
>> SeaBIOS as payload.
>>
>> The Xorg runs fine without any xorg.conf file, just detects the video as
>> Vesa with 1366x768 resolution, the max of the 11" screen of this
>> netbook.
>
> Do you have 802.11n and hibernate working on that c720?  I put linux on
> mine for that reason.  Although despite immense efforts I can't get
> the trackpad to be detected.  I tried bringing up 10.2 on it but
> couldn't get it to boot.  These things are just awesome.  4G memory
> + i3 + 6hr battery for $240 delivered.

It's all in CURRENT, see http://blog.grem.de/pages/c720.html.

Brightness control is done through graphics/intel-backlight (should work on
other Intel GPUs as well). Auto-brightness control works as well (using the new
isl driver).

HDMI works in VESA mode (mirrors the internal display). It suspends but won't
resume, probably due to video, I was never able to really figure that one out.
Tried an early version of 915i about half a year ago with limited success, will
try again at/after EuroBSDCon.

There are a couple of people who helped me testing and most of them seem quite
happy with the results (no suspend/resume being the only real caveat).

- Michael