At 2:41 AM -0400 5/17/00, Thimble Smith wrote:
>On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 11:52:32PM -0400, Donn Miller wrote:
> > Anyone like the idea of adding wide char support to our libc?  Maybe
> > we could port it over from {Net,Open}BSD or BSDi.  This would add the
> > header file <wctype.h>, etc.
>
>There's a mailing list, freebsd-i18n, that seems to be very active
>regarding this topic (the archives show 0 posts).
>
>The latest I found on it (searching the archives) is this:
>
>http://www.whizkidtech.net/i18n/wc/

As was recently posted to freebsd-java:

    There's a "wchar" implementation available on
    http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~crossd/FreeBSD/wcs-19990606.tar.gz

    I have tried it myself and it works as expected, meaning
    that I was able to successfully link a Motif program.

---
Garance Alistair Drosehn           =   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Programmer          or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute