On 02/03/2016 01:45, Lundberg, Johannes wrote:
CherryTrail devices/boards with 64bit UEFI are already out. Upgrading
the hardware is one solution (I did).

I'm thinking of the sticks etc, they all have 32bit UEFI and no CSM/legacy boot, but have 64bit cpus

I never did try FreeBSD on BayTrail but for running Linux on BayTrail I
used special built Grub that was 32bit but could load 64bit OS. Could
this kind of Grub boot a 64bit FreeBSD, I wonder?

I looked at this but honestly it looked like a giant nightmare - I did get grub loading on a test platform (tablet, for display etc) but didn't manage to make it boot anything

On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 5:20 PM, John Baldwin <j...@freebsd.org
<mailto:j...@freebsd.org>> wrote:

    On Sunday, February 28, 2016 07:00:06 AM Joe Holden wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Apologies if this is the wrong list...
    >
    > Is there any plan to support booting FreeBSD on 32bit UEFI systems (with
    > or without 64bit kernel/userland)? Obviously there is no i386 efi loader
    > currently so neither is possible...

    I don't think anyone is actively working on it.  I think it shouldn't be
    that much work once the i386 loader is resurrected.  The i386 kernel
    just
    needs to use the EFI memory map and I think the rest of it should
    generally
    just work.

    --
    John Baldwin