Just replying to the first email in the thread, since it's a general
reply, and only related to the original topic at hand, and only for
informative purposes at this point.

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 11:01:51PM +0200, Ronald Klop wrote:
> Just downloaded the amd64 BETA1 ISO (873MB) and tried to burn a CD on
> Windows 10. It complained that the ISO is too big for my 700 MB CD-r.

I have *something* semi-working, with a huge amount of help from Maxim
in private email.  There is still a nit or two to fix, I'm running into
them as I rebuild the ISO after fixing the prior issue.  But, right now,
I can get the ISO to boot enough to get to a shell (the "init failed due
to inability to mount '/'" shell, but it is still a shell).  :)

Once I get what I have now into a state where it's somewhat committable,
I'm going to create a project branch to sand off the edges, instead of
doing it directly in head, since there might be some edge cases for
non-x86 architectures.  (But some other architectures do not have the
"too big" problem.)

Once that is merged, I fully intend to merge this to stable/11, provided
there is no major fallout.  With what I have now, disc1.iso is 630M, and
the disc1.iso.xz is 554M.  I'll upload an image somewhere public for
people to test 11.0-BETA1 on hardware, KVM, etc.  One thing to note,
though, there appears to be a significantly non-zero speed decrease,
though this may just be because my CD-ROM is USB-based.  When I have the
ready-to-commit result, I'll test it on a machine with an internal CD
drive.

Glen