On 12 Aug 2016, at 00:18, Lundberg, Johannes <johan...@brilliantservice.co.jp>
wrote:

> Currently by default evdev create /dev/input/eventX devices with 600
> permission. These need to be accessible for non-root users. What is the
> best solution? Should we create a "input" group similar to "video" group is
> being used for rights to access /dev/drm devices?

There is a similar problem for the drm devices (by default, users can’t use 3D
acceleration).  A devfs.conf policy can change the permissions.  I’d suggest
that we create a default group called something like console or local, put new
users there by default, and make drm and evdev devices accessible by this group.

David