On Sat, 15 Oct 2016 10:22:42 +0200
"O. Hartmann" <ohart...@zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> Am Fri, 14 Oct 2016 10:48:33 +0200
> "O. Hartmann" <ohart...@zedat.fu-berlin.de> schrieb:
>
> > Systems I updated to recent CURRENT start crashing spontaneously.
> >
> > recent crashing system is on
> > 12.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 12.0-CURRENT #11 r307305: Fri Oct 14 08:37:59 CEST 2016
> >
> > other (no access since it is remote and not accessible until later the day)
> > has been updated ~ 12 hours ago and it is alos rebooting/crashing without
> > any warnings. Can be triggered on heavy load.
> >
> > Only system with r307263 and stable so far is an older two-socket XEON
> > Core2Duao based machine, all crashing boxes have CPUs newer or equal than
> > IvyBridge.
> >
> > Does anyone also see these crashes? I tried to compile a debug kernel on one
> > host, but that's the remote machine I have access to later, it failed
> > compiling the kernel - under load it crashed often. After ZFS scrubbing
> > kickied in, it vanished from the net ;-/
> >
> > kind regards,
> > oh
>
> Still 307341 is crashing undpredicted ( FreeBSD 12.0-CURRENT #5 r307341: Sat
> Oct 15 09:36:16 CEST 2016).
>
> I'm back to r307157, which seems to be "stable".

While I tried to reproduce and bisect the crashes, I face now a strange
situation. With ~r307318, UEFI booting boxes (one workstation with ZFS, a
laptop, no ZFS) do not fail/crash/reboot anymore. The picture is different for
all non-UEFI systems. They still crash/reboot (two servers, both ZFS, one
workstation, with ZFS) after a while: sometimes minutes, sometimes 2 or more
hours. Those boxes crashes with CURRENT > r307157, even the most recent
r307555, while this seems stable on UEFI booting systems.