Hello Peter!

I just have things running. I see that the kernel boots _much_ faster
now. I don't know, if you wanted that or if this is a nice
side-effect.

However, a few comments, which might be of interest. Some of those are
probably planned by you already.

a) the device.hints file: It will probably be copied to /sys/compile
by config(8) in future and installed by make install :) Good.

b)
Setting apm 0 at to nexus (string)
Setting apm 0 disabled to 1 (int)
Setting apm 0 flags to 32 (int)

Can this be moved to verbose boot only?

c) is much more interesting: With the new kernel my syscons scrolling
stopped working. However, this could also be jake's fault, I'll ask
him.

Alex