Andrzej Bialecki wrote:

> This thread is long, so maybe I missed something.. Can we have the *.hints
> file loadable as a module of some special type (like kernel.conf), and
> searched for during configuration like userconfig did?

Funny you got no reply.

This is not necessary. If you copy said file to /boot/device.hints, it
will be read automatically as a loader .conf file and set environment
variables that will be read automatically by the kernel.

If you wish to use alternate configurations without tweaking
device.hints, you can do

loader_conf_files="xyzzy"

And xyzzy will be read. Since device.hints is read right after
/boot/defaults/loader.conf, anything later will override it's values.

--
Daniel C. Sobral                        (8-DCS)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                Windows works, for sufficently small values of "works".