On 05/14/18 10:06, Edward Tomasz Napierała wrote:
On 0513T1244, Pete Wright wrote:

On 05/13/2018 10:27, Pete Wright wrote:

On 05/13/2018 08:58, Theron wrote:
Hi!
I'm also seeing issues, not as severe as Pete, but after I resume
(which works, with drm-next and DMC firmware), the system becomes
sluggish.  It feels like I/O takes more time, and graphics are
sluggish (very sientific, I know, but for instance git operations
are much slower after a resume).  I know there's been an update to
acpica between my system updates, when this started to happen, but I
haven't had time to revert that update and test again.  I will try
to do that and report back.
Regards
Hi Niclas,
I used drm-next on Skylake with issues which sound similar. Resuming
from suspend, or simply switching the laptop display output off and
on from xrandr, resulted in graphics sluggishness (drop to 30fps in
glxgears) and graphical corruption in Xorg apps, which persisted even
after restarting these apps. Switching to drm-stable made the
problems go away; I haven't had time to figure out what -next is
doing differently to cause them.

Pete's issue sounds more severe, and unrelated as it happens without
drm loaded.  My kernel is two weeks out of date (r333093), so I need
to check whether the more recent changes affect my system as well.

so i've done a bit more debugging on my end.  i've even installed the
11.2-BETA branch last night since 11-STABLE worked without issues
about a month or so ago.

i've set "debug.acpi.resume_beep=1" and when resuming after entering
an S3 sleep state the bell rings and does not stop until i do a hard
reset (both with i915kms loaded and unloaded).

kinda at a loss as to how this could break both CURRENT and basically
11-STABLE.  i'm going to make a ubuntu live image and test that, my
laptop is a System76 laptop that shipped with ubuntu originally.  if
that is broken as well then i guess this could be a hardware issue.

ubuntu live image suspends/resumes without issue so this certainly seems
to be a freebsd issue unfortunately.  i guess next step is to attempt to
find a working CURRENT snapshot that does suspend/resume without issue
then start looking at commits?

FWIW, I'm seeing the same - sluggishness after resume - with stock
12-CURRENT, without drm-next, just vanilla i915kms.ko, on T420.

TBH I'm not entirely sure it's X11 problem - as I'm writing it now,
under vt(4), it seems somewhat slow too.

It's not impossible that there are two different regressions, one causing sluggishness and one causing graphics corruption, or that they are intertwined. I have a Kaby Lake system which I run these tests on. I also have a window where the regression seem to have happened. r333269 to r333340, so once I have time I'll start bisecting.

Hopefully I can test on older systems as well.
Regards
--
Niclas