Quoting Warner Losh <i...@bsdimp.com> (from Wed, 9 Nov 2022 08:54:33 -0700):

On Wed, Nov 9, 2022 at 5:46 AM Alexander Leidinger <alexan...@leidinger.net>
wrote:

While most of these options look OK on the surface, I'd feel a lot better
if there were tests for these to prove they work. I'd also feel better if
the ZFS experts could explain how those come to be set on a zpool
as well. I'd settle for a good script that could be run as root (better

It is explained in the zpool-features man page.

would be not as root) that would take a filesystem that was created
by makefs -t zfs and turn on these features after an zpool upgrade.

Script attached. Maybe a little bit too verbose, but you can see which features are active directly, and which ones only enabled.

It expects a zroot.img in the current directory and creates copies to zroot_num_featurename.img where it enables the features. In the beginning are some variables to adapt to pool/image name and destination directory.

Bye,
Alexander.
--
http://www.Leidinger.net alexan...@leidinger.net: PGP 0x8F31830F9F2772BF