On 12/28/22 17:45, Paul Floyd wrote:
Hi

For quite a few weeks I've been unable to boot 14.0-CURRENT i386 in a
VirtualBox VM. I've tried both booting from iso image and the vmdk image. I get
a kernel panic

The host is running 13.1-RELEASE-p3 amd64

No problems with 14.0-CURRENT amd64 guests.

I haven't been able to see the last message before the panic as it scrolls past
too quickly.

Any suggestions for a working either how to get more info or what vbox settings
to use?

A+
Paul

I've had success to capture errors by recording the screen with my phone and
playing back on slow speed.
Another option might be to enable serial port for the console of the guest and
capture the output. But I don't know if the default ISO uses that and how hard
it is to configure VirtualBox to do that properly.

Regards,
Ronald.