On Thu, Dec 29, 2022 at 09:39:44AM +0100, Paul Floyd wrote:

> On 28-12-22 18:12, Ronald Klop wrote:
>

> > I've had success to capture errors by recording the screen with my phone
> > and playing back on slow speed.
> > Another option might be to enable serial port for the console of the
> > guest and capture the output. But I don't know if the default ISO uses
> > that and how hard it is to configure VirtualBox to do that properly.
>
> Hi
>
> I have used my phone before, and I tried that.
>
> The last message with verbose turned on is
>
> isa_probe_children: probing PnP devices
> smist: found supported isa bridge Intel PIX4 ISA bridge
> panic: td 0x1d94840 stack 0x2424ee8 not in kstack VA 0x2420000 4

%esp is indeed outside the KVA for the thread stack, assuming the
numbers are accurate.  It should be in range of 0x2420000 - 0x2424000.
I just checked random boot in qemu for latest GENERIC/i386, and thread0
stack pointer returned by init386() is inside THREAD0_STACK.

The backtrace is needed to make a further analysis.