> On 20-Oct-00 Valentin Chopov wrote:
> > I found that if I remove  #ifndef SMP /#endif  in:
>
> Errr, this doesn't really make sense, and if anything is probably
> hiding the problem.  Also, this change will potentially increase
> interrupt latency even further on SMP machines.

Interrupts are disabled if Giant is busy in vm_page_zero_idle, thus
the idle proc calls mi_switch with interrupts disabled and the process
being scheduled starts running with interrupts disabled.

I suggest removing the asm statement from vm_page_zero_idle as a first
stage in rewriting vm_page_zero_idle.

- Tor Egge