Hi,

Apologies upfront if anything I ask/say has already been covered, I'm
somwhat limited in my resources at present.

In my past experience, FreeBSD hasn't agreed very well with IBM
thinkpad laptops, unless you were using the vt0 console driver.

This makes me ask a couple of questions:

1) Does vt0 work for everything? Or only laptops? (my understanding
   is that it works for "everything"
2) If 1) is true, why doesn't the kernel on install floppies/cd's use
   vt0 instead of sc0.

I haven't been able to test with anything post 3.4, so again,
apologies if sc0 has been fixed to work with thinkpads etc.

Just thought this could be worth raising, would be curious of peoples
thoughts.

Regards,

sjh.