On Sat, Nov 25, 2000 at 03:34:49PM -0800, Derek Schene' wrote:
> I tried this-
>
> >         I'd suggest just symlinking libc.so.4 to libc.so.5, nothing terrible
> > should happen.

Since nothing has changed in the -CURRENT libc yet, this will work.
BTW, you'd want to do the same for libc_r.so.4.

> Local package initialization:fopen: No such file or directory

I would go into /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ and try to figure out *which* binary
is causing all the trouble so the problem can be efficiently debugged.
At this point you're skating around the problem rather than just hit it
head on.