On Thu, Dec 28, 2000 at 01:15:38PM +1000, Sleepless in Brisbane thus spoke:
> On Wed, 27 Dec 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > Reply to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> > I'm not sure if this is the correct list or not - apologies if
> > it's wrong.

> > I just updated a machine with cvsup for the first time - and may
> > have done something wrong.

> > When I rebuilt everything and boot a uname gives me 5.0-CURRENT.
> > [I picked the wrong one as I guess I wanted release - but that's
> > not the problem].

> Umm.. that is the problem. There is a lot more hassle normally
> involved in going from a RELEASE kernel to a CURRENT one than
> usually a make world can fix. Do you really want to be doing this
> if you are just after an updated kernel? If not - I suggest going
> back to STABLE.

I found where the errors are coming from - it's in the
compatibility modules.  If I take out compatibility for linux,
sysv, and ibcs, things run just as they are supposed to.

So how do I fix the compats - or is that something coming later.
I don't really need it at the moment.1
--
Bill Vermillion -   bv @ wjv . com