I came across an embarrassing comparison last night-

FreeBSD NFS clients (well, i386) stop writing files at 4GB.

Solaris, with O_LARGEFILE options in the open arguments, does not.

Does anyone here know what FreeBSD ought to be doing about this?
Or have I missed something? There is no O_LARGEFILE in fcntl.h (it is present
for Solaris, ConvexOS and some other platforms, I believe). I thought the
*BSDs had > 32 bit file support? Or is it only for local filesystems?

-matt