Peter Wemm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Except that we bump to 500 instead of 6, and back to 5 before

When we've branched RELENG_5, if we need to bump libc's major in
6.0-CURRENT, we bump it to 600, then 601 etc. as many times as we
want, and bump it down to 6 before 6.0-RELEASE.

People tracking -CURRENT will end up with a handful of different libc
versions, but they'll avoid the pains we're going through now, and
people upgrading from RELENG_N to RELENG_N+1 will never see a libc
major version increase of more than 1.

Dag-Erling Smorgrav - [EMAIL PROTECTED]