Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> Peter Wemm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > Sorry, I made the mistake of looking at this bikeshed and lost my nerve.
> > The patch I was going to commit was:
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~peter/stdio.diff3
> > .. but this *totally* breaks installworld due to *BAD* brokenness in
> > installworld.
>
> No, it doesn't, because you bumped the libc major. Set it to 500 like
> we discussedm, and commit (or I will, damnit).

Sorry, I meant without the bump. it goes something like this:

install -c libc.so.5 /usr/lib
install -c libc_pic.a /usr/lib
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: undefined symbol __sF in COPY relocation

at which point any stdio using dynamic binary is hosed, including the
*USELESS* copies in /tmp that installworld stashed away.

Cheers,
-Peter
--
Peter Wemm - [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]