david> Accordingly, I created the following shell script to accomplish a
david> similar objective, based upon the above-mentioned example in the
david> mdconfig man page.  At present, I have it sitting in
david> /usr/local/etc/rc.d, which isn't ideal, but I wanted to find out if
david> anyone had better approaches for doing this, suggestions for
david> improvement, or arguments that what I'm trying to do is misguided and
david> shouldn't be done:

I wrote following script obtained from manpage:

        #!/bin/sh
        mdconfig -a -t swap -s 128M -u 10
        disklabel -r -w md10 auto
        newfs /dev/md10c
        tunefs -n enable /dev/md10c
        mount /dev/md10c /tmp
        chmod 1777 /tmp

Then, I put diskless_mount="/etc/rc.mount_tmp" into /etc/rc.conf.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/