Hi,

   I have added a -d dir option to cp. This allows the target
directory to be specified at the head of the command line
instead of the tail. This makes cp work much more nicely with
tools like xargs... (allowing for major performance improvements
over inline shell loops).

   The patch is at:

   http://www.freebsd.org/~jwd/cp-d.patch

   which allows:

   cp -d target_directory source1 source2 ... sourceN

   and/or

   cat big_file_list | xargs cp -d target_directory

   The changes required to do this turned out to be simple.
Please let me know if you have any comments.

   Note: I do not have a man page update yet. Working with
man pages on current appears to be broken.  nroff/groff are
also producing bad output on freefall..

Thanks,
John