<<On Fri, 20 Apr 2001 00:57:29 -0400, Garance A Drosihn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> '-y[replstr]' (no blank after -y).

Prohibited by POSIX.  The `xargs' utility ``shall'' follow the Utility
Syntax Guidelines.

> so I don't know how we go about adding options to it.

POSIX is clear on this issue: the implementation may add any options
it wishes, provided that those options are documented.  Of course, if
a POSIX working group happens to choose ``your'' option letter next
time they add an option to that utility, you lose.

-GAWollman