On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 01:39:50PM +0200, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
# On  2 Mai, Jens Schweikhardt wrote:
#
# [Ruslan: I CCed you because of the second part of the mail]
#
# > I've seen some recent mails related to rtprio oddity which seemed
# > to also affect the isdnd. My -current is cvsupped May 1st (and
#
# Yes, it didn't started with the broken version of rtprio (I had to
# remove the rtprio keyword).
#
# > survived; I've still got a fully populated root fs :-)
#
# I got a kernel panic with no coredump, I hope the npx commit fixed this,
# will test later.
#
# > However, as soon as I do a find / or buildworld or some other
# > commands increasing the load significantly (about 1 or more),
# > isdnd seems to take a nap. No more packets transmitted. If I
# > suspend the running programs, isdnd awakes and continues.
# > Is anybody else observing the same behavior?
#
# Not with my Apr 29 kernel (no rtprio keyword in isdnd.rc), at least I
# didn't noticed it.
#
# BTW: What about dial-on-demand?

Still ok. I have rtprio 25 (as from the isdnd.rc.sample, should I tune this?
Remove the line?) in my isdnd.rc and this at the end of /etc/rc.isdn:

echo 'removing previous isp0 config'
ifconfig isp0 delete -link1 down
echo 'setting sppp options'
ispppcontrol isp0 myauthproto=pap myauthname=xxxxxxxx myauthsecret=xxxxxxxx
hisauthproto=none callin
echo 'configuring isp0'
ifconfig isp0 1.2.3.4 5.6.7.8 netmask 0xffffffff link1 2>/dev/null

Regards,

        Jens
--
Jens Schweikhardt http://www.schweikhardt.net/