At 2:42 PM +0200 6/22/01, Georg-W. Koltermann wrote:
>Hi,
>
>with current as of June 20 I can no longer print to a remote printer.
>Syslog says "filter 'f' exited (retcode=108)".

Looking at that section of code, lpd is just doing:
        if (ifilter < 0)
                status.w_retcode = 100;
        else
                while ((pid = wait((int *)&status)) > 0 &&
                                        pid != ifilter)
                        ;

followed by some code which would not modify 'status', followed by:
        switch (status.w_retcode) {
        case 0:
                break;
        case 1:
                unlink(tfile);
                return(REPRINT);
        case 2:
                unlink(tfile);
                return(ERROR);
        default:
                syslog(LOG_WARNING, "%s: filter '%c' exited"
                    " (retcode=%d)",
                    pp->printer, format, status.w_retcode);
                unlink(tfile);
                return(FILTERERR);
        }

If you got 'retcode=108' (not 100), then lpd is just printing out
the status as returned by 'wait()'.  I don't see any recent changes
to that section of code in lpd.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Programmer           or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]