In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Mike Smith writes:
: > : APM and ACPI are mutually exclusive from what I understand.  You should
: > : remove the apm device from your kernel config.
: >
: > I've been able to run both with my VAIO.  However, my VAIO hangs
: > randomly with ACPI enabled (even when i have apm disable).
:
: You shouldn't be able to do this. 8)

Like I said, it worked great, apart from the hangs.  Maybe I have an
evil, mutant BIOS.  I'll have to upgrade to slam my fingers in the
door more effectively :-)

Warner