On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 11:09:30AM -0700, Mark Peek wrote:
> At 9:29 AM -0700 10/10/01, Bruce A. Mah wrote:
> >OK, sounds good.  Seems to me this is something that might deserve a
> >mention in UPDATING.  Something like:
> >
> >     During a source upgrade of a 4-STABLE machine to -CURRENT, the
> >     installkernel step will attempt to execute a non-existent kldxref
> >     executable.  (kldxref exists in -CURRENT, but not in 4-STABLE.)
> >     This error is non-fatal and can be ignored.
>
> That looks good. Thanks for writing it up. I'm not sure how precise you want
> to be but here's a slight change to include -CURRENT upgrades.
>
>       During a source upgrade of a 4-STABLE (or -CURRENT prior to 20010910)
>       machine to -CURRENT, the installkernel step will attempt to execute a
>       non-existent kldxref executable.  (kldxref exists in -CURRENT as of
>       20010910, but not in 4-STABLE.) This error is non-fatal and can be
>       ignored.

I think just running 'installworld' twice will "fix" it. The error is
non-fatal, but not without implications. The only one that I am aware
of is that your system might have some trouble doing kldload(8) unless
it is given the full path of the module.
--
Crist J. Clark                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]