Sheldon Hearn wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Dec 2001 01:53:08 +0100, Michal Mertl wrote:
> > I have ntfs partition mounted ro on current. I can read from it without
> > problems. But I noticed I get corrupted data (the corrupted file has
> > right size but contains mostly zeros) when using ftpd to read them.
> >
> > I'm pretty sure the problem is thus in sendfile(2) and/or ntfs fs support.
>
> See also PR bin/31692, which reports simmilar problems using ftpd and
> smbfs.  See my request for feedback, which ought to help verify that
> it's sendfile(2) causing the problem.

FreeBSD -current uses "external" mbufs.  Previous versions did
not.  It's the new mbuf code.

Look at how it gets the things that it points to.

The problem is that the references are transient, and it assumes
they aren't.

I don't have a ready fix.  You can revert the sendfile code pretty
easily to the 4.3 version.

-- Terry