At Tue, 19 Feb 2002 21:41:11 -0800,
Peter Wemm wrote:
> > e.g.
> >
> > kldload module1
> > kldload module2
> >
> > module2 cannnot resolv symbols in module1.
> >
> > -stable doesn't have this problem.
>
> module2 cannot resolve symbols in module1 unless there is a declared
> dependency.  This is intentional, otherwise there is no way to check that
> module1 is not unloaded while module2 is using it.  Stable is lacking this
> enforcement.

Thanks for the information.
Could you point me an example code how to declare dependency?

In my environment module1 is firewire bus drivier, module2 is sbp
driver.

module1:
DRIVER_MODULE(firewire,fwohci,firewire_driver,firewire_devclass,0,0);
module2:
DRIVER_MODULE(sbp, firewire, sbp_driver, sbp_devclass, 0, 0);

/\ Hidetoshi Shimokawa
\/  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP public key: http://www.sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~simokawa/pgp.html