Doug Barton wrote:

> Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> >
> > David Wolfskill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > > Sounds like a botched (or not run) "mergemaster" execution:
> >
> > No - mergemaster will croak because it runs mtree to build its temp
> > directory, so if you're trying to update a pre-smmsp system you have
> > to add the smmsp user and group manually.

        Ok, I decided to go proactive and add -p mode for "pre
{build|install}world" which compares master.passwd, group, and the
variables in /etc/make.conf to /usr/src/share/examples/etc/make.conf.
This should give people a fairly painless way to handle the transition
if they choose to accept it. While I was there, I added some other code
I've been using for a while to compare variables in /etc/rc.conf[.local]
with the same variables in /etc/defaults/rc.conf. Use 'mergemaster -C'
to use that feature.

        If someone has suggestions on more files to add to -p mode, let me
know. I'll update the man page after people have had a chance to play
with these.

Enjoy,

Doug
--
   "We have known freedom's price. We have shown freedom's power.
      And in this great conflict, ...  we will see freedom's victory."
          State of the Union, January 28, 2002

         Do YOU Yahoo!?