On Sun, Mar 17, 2002 at 01:08:43AM -0800, Terry Lambert wrote:
> Minimally, pick a date, and then do a CVS diff against that
> date, and include it on the CDROM.

  I would be happy to do this.  I checked out a copy of the CVS tree
right before we made the Perforce branch so that we could tag it later
if absolutely necessary.

> Max wants the commit messages to the developers pre-release
> to go to an archived mailing list for similar reasons, it
> seems to me.

  I have emailed Peter about this.  I don't think the messages should
go to cvs-all, because I don't think most people want to see them.
But I do think that they should be available for people like Max.  Max
was CCed on my message to Peter.

> Now say you have become involved in the process, because the
> pre-release has done it's job.  You want to fix the bug.
>
> In order to do this, you are going to need the delta against
> the developer's prerelease source tree.  To get this, the
> process is:

  1)  Mount your DP1 CD, and view the diff.

  - Murray