> There are a few files with PFIL_HOOKS-dependant #ifdefs, but it is
> strongly
> tied with the code.
>
> /sys/net/bridge.c
> /sys/netinet/ip_input.c
> /sys/netinet/ip_output.c
> /sys/netinet6/ip6_forward.c
> /sys/netinet6/ip6_input.c
> /sys/netinet6/ip6_output.c
>
> Darren Reed has some pieces of code on his site, but I
> did not read it.
> ftp://coombs.anu.edu.au/pub/net/ip-filter/pfil-1.26.tar.gz
>
> According to pfil(9) manual
> -----------
> BUGS
>      The current pfil implementation will need changes to suit a
> threaded ker-
>      nel model.
>
> May be this is the reason not to make it default.

I'm sure there is probably some reason, but if we can make it a kld,
there shouldn't be a reason we can't make ipl.ko depend on it.  I do
not do much coding so I don't know if its even possible to do it as a
kld

--
David W. Chapman Jr.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   Raintree Network Services, Inc. <www.inethouston.net>