And

> > > Strange, I just did a "make buildworld ... mergermaster"
> > > sequence and I did not need the three utilities you mention.
> >
> > Why is that strange?  You're talking about everything up to but not
> > including installworld.  Warner's talking about installworld. :-)
> >

> Sigh.  I said '"make buildworld ... mergemaster" sequence'.
> I assume people running -current would understand the
> use of "..." and the word "sequence" to mean
>
> make buildworld
> make buildkernel
> make installkernel
> mergemaster -p
> reboot
> make installworld
> mergemaster

Hmmmm. Is mergemaster really necessary? I mean when upgrading from a fresh
4.6 install? I usually just copied the password files and rc.conf,
copied -CURRENTs etc files into /etc and copied the passwd files back. Seems
to work fine, especially because I never touch the RC scripts on my running
BSD systems.

-mg