In message: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
            Giorgos Keramidas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
: On 2002-10-07 15:14, Archie Cobbs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
: > Anything that gets overwritten during the normal install process
: > is already taken care of. We're just trying to get rid of files
: > which are not installed by 'make installword' but used to be once.
: >
: > I.e., if a file is not installed by 'make installworld' then by
: > definition it's not required for a correctly functioning system.
:
: This might cause problems with ports that ``overwrite'' base-system
: files.  I hate ports the idea of ports writing anything outside of
: ${LOCALBASE}, but we already have some of those IIRC.

Yes.  Clearly, there are some files that should always be deleted
(stale binaries and header files), some files that should often be
deleted (those things replaced by ports under the same path, for
example), and some things we'd want to the user to removed (eg,
libfoo.so.N-1)

Warner