In the last episode (Feb 08), Conrad Sabatier said:
> Call me a fool, but I've been using this for quite some time now, in both
> -stable (well, with slight modifications) and -current:
>
> CPUTYPE?=k7
>
> CFLAGS= -O2 -pipe -mmmx -m3dnow -fforce-mem -fforce-addr -fstrength-reduce \
> -fthread-jumps -fcse-follow-jumps -fcse-skip-blocks -frerun-cse-after-loop \
> -fexpensive-optimizations -fschedule-insns2

Have you actually tested the benefits of these switches?  If you had,
you would have discovered that -fforce-mem, -fstrength-reduce,
-fthread-jumps, -fcse-follow-jumps, -fcse-skip-blocks, -frerun-cse-after-loop,
-fexpensive-optimizations, and -fschedule-insns2 do absolutely nothing, since
-O2 enables them anyway.  -fforce-addr is the only non-redundant -f flag in
that whole list.

--
        Dan Nelson
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]