On Wed, Sep 01, 1999 at 03:16:48PM -0700, Doug wrote:

>       It's not a stupid question at all. There is already such a utility
> in the majordomo port, perhaps make this its own port and add that as a
> dependency? We've already been told that postfix (one of the favorite
> replacement MTA's for our crowd) uses a different name and group, so this
> proposed change won't help it at all.

Postfix doesn't care what the userid/uid and group name/gid are.  Calling the
user "postfix" just appears to be a common convention, therefore the proposed
smtp user would address postfix's needs.

Qmail, as has already been pointed out, is a very different story.

Regards,
--Keith Stevenson--

--
Keith Stevenson
System Programmer - Data Center Services - University of Louisville