On Fri, 17 May 2002, Kenjiro Cho wrote:

> ECN support in TCP is independent from ALTQ, and it can be done
> separately.
> An ECN patch for 4.5 which doesn't require ALTQ is included in
> altq-3.1.  It's been in KAME since December.
> If there are interests, I can make a patch for -current.

Personally, I hope we keep ECN support out of the tree; it's unlikely to
provide any benefit over the internet in general, and will just make
integrating other TCP changes more difficult.

I haven't looked over the ALTQ patches, but integration of those changes
sounds like a good idea.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack