On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 03:59:37PM -0800, Doug Barton wrote:
> Where I think reasonable minds can differ are (appropriate) responses of
> the form, "This was not done properly, here is how it can/should be done
> (better)." IMO those should *always* be public in order to help others
> who are paying attention to the same topic.

Fair enough.  Perhaps I should have been more clear about the distinction
I make between constructive criticism ("this code would be more effectively
stated xyz") vs. non-constructive criticism ("your mother smells of
elderberries".)  I was thinking more of the latter when I replied, perhaps
after wincing at some recent threads.

mcl