On 20/4/17 5:18 pm, Mathieu Arnold wrote:
Le 20/04/2017 à 11:15, Mathieu Arnold a écrit :
Le 20/04/2017 à 10:49, Torfinn Ingolfsen a écrit :
On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 8:00 AM, Kurt Jaeger <li...@opsec.eu> wrote:
Hi!

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 1:30 AM, Julian Elischer <jul...@freebsd.org> wrote:
quarterly however is broken because the pkg mirors discard it all at the
time of update.
Do they have to?
Why couldn't pkg mirrors keep say, the four latest quarterly sets
all the time?
Because the URL for the latest quarterly is one stable URL.
Obviously this has to be changed. As I wrote:
"No extra work involved once the setup is configured and tested".
So yes, there is some work needed, but it would be a one-time job.

If anyone has any real arguments as to why the FreeBSD project can't
do it this way, let's hear them.
HTH
I am not exactly sure what you are asking for, to keep the previous, not
updated, quarterly package repositories ? say, in latest-1 latest-2
latest-3... ?
So, that should be quarterly-1, quarterly-2..., not latest :-)
2017-Q1, 2017-Q2, 2017-Q3   etc.

What purpose would that serve ? I mean, they would not be updated.