> Kevin Oberman writes:
> >  > Where would I find User Agent Switcher by Linder?  Would it be on a
> >  > Mozilla site, and would it work with SeaMonkey?

> >  > Would the several Firefox or SeaMonkey extensions have similar
> >  > functionality?

> >  It's available through Firefox from about:addons. It is the one by Linder,
> >  one of at eat three extensions of the same name. I don't know about
> >  SeaMonkey. Does it support the extension interface like Firefox? If so, it
> >  will probably work. You might also check the website at
> >  http://mybrowseraddon.com/useragent-switcher.html

>       Seamonkey - which was my default browser until it was no longer
> updated -   came with this ability built in.  The only problem was the
> list of alternate identities was vintage, like, 2000 with no way (that
> I knew of)  to change it.

>                       Respectfully,

>                               Robert Huff

I went to seamonkey-project.org website a few months ago, saw it was still
being developed, not dead, not lame-duck.

I defined a separate profile, named "chase", where I went to about:config,
defined general.useragent.override (not sure if I remembered that perfectly) to
be the regular user agent string but with "SeaMonkey" removed.

Then the web server recognized the browser as Firefox.  I don't see what's so
bad about including "SeaMonkey", but that's how the web server software works:
buggy, or maybe the bug is in the head of that software developer and/or
webmasters who continue to use that web server software even after being
informed about the bug.

Tom