# [EMAIL PROTECTED] / 2002-09-24 18:59:45 -0400:
> On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Roman Neuhauser wrote:
> > > I meant the threads that are archived on the web, from the
> > > newsgroup side of this mailing list.
> > text below still applies (s/email client/favorite mail archive/)
>
> I am talking about http sites that a webmaster laid out, not NNTP!

    like http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/ ? if so, the text (this time, above)
    still applies.

> > > PS - And that reminds me! Why am I still ssh'ing someplace and
> > > running pine when I could be running xpine and (probably)
> > > POP3s'ing my mail to my box!!!
> > huh?
>
> I currently ssh over to an ISP's FreeBSD box and run pine to read my mail.
>
> It's about time (since I got X working) that I run an app to POP3s my mail!!

    you can pop it down to your box whether you have X or not. X is not
    a requirement for POP3 operation.

    /usr/ports/mail/getmail/
    /usr/ports/mail/postfix/
    /usr/ports/mail/mutt/