# [EMAIL PROTECTED] / 2002-09-24 19:02:43 -0400:
> On 24 Sep 2002, Kirk Strauser wrote:
> > > PS - And that reminds me! Why am I still ssh'ing someplace and running
> > > pine when I could be running xpine and (probably) POP3s'ing my mail to my box!!!
> > Because you haven't discovered fetchmail and mutt yet?  :)
> > Kirk Strauser
>
> Is mutt a lot like PINE?

    in a way, mutt has borrowed from pine, but it's a completely
    different animal; pine comes from University of Washington, and
    software originating from there usually doesn't have the best
    reputation.

> The thing is, I think I want just a client, not a daemon to move or
> copy over my /var/mail/$USER from another box to my box at home
> (similar to uucp or something).  Is that clear?

    not completely. you said above that you have a POP3 account.
    that means you'll need something to get the messages to your box,
    just as with an AWBM (Average Windows-based Mailer) like Eudora.
    that something is often fetchmail (i prefer getmail).

    plus, uucp is completely irrelevant in your situation.

> Said another way, I do not require something like fetchmail or qpopper
> to replicate/mirror my mail.somewhere.net/var/mail/peter to
> localhost/var/mail/peter

    see above. besides, qpopper is a POP3 server, and fetchmail is a
    POP3 client.  looks like you're a bit confused.

    since

--
begin 666 nonexistent.vbs
FreeBSD 4.7-RC