> I've now tried about 10 different times to configure xfree86server 4.2.1.
> each time, the process 'seems to have failed.' ideas as to why, anyone?

You might be having the same problem as me, and many others.

Try running XFree86 from the command line, rather than from sysinstall. See
if you get a signal 11. Check /var/log/XFree86.0.log to see where the
problem occurs. What video hardware are you using?

Paul A. Scott
mailto:pscott@;skycoast.us
http://skycoast.us/pscott/