On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 01:25:34PM +0200, Anthony Atkielski wrote:

> My point was that FreeBSD doesn't work on the machine.  I wanted to know
> why.  I still don't know why it doesn't work on the machine.  Apparently
> nobody here really knows how FreeBSD works.

So you keep saying.  It probably is true that the people who maintain whichever
Adaptec driver it was you're having trouble with - who I guess would 'really
know how FreeBSD works' in this context - don't follow the -questions list too
closely.

Really, your best bet at this point is to gather up all the error messages,
boot-time output, details of the BIOS/microcode versions of your adapter, etc.
and file a PR.  You clearly have identified a real problem, and that is the
officially supported way of getting it looked at.

Regards,

        Scott