On Wed, 18 May 2005, Roger Merritt wrote:

/usr/ports/UPDATING. Does anyone have any gotchas I should be aware of?

You running 4.X or 5.X One FreeBSD gotach I recall was the need to have samba_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf

As for Samba... I think there was one (maybe two) options in smb.conf which were no longer valid and I just took them out and all was well.

I only have samba on 2 very small networks, but other than the smb.conf options have not had any issues/problems.