Hi there
I have been trying to install FreeBSD 5.4 on a compaq proliant server model
1850R, The server is correctly configured and will run all the operating
systems I have tried with the exception of FreeBSD.  I have used the floppies
to install the system in the hope of using FTP.  The installer asks for all the
disks as usual and gets to load the kernal but gets to the "waiting 15 for SCSI
devices to settle" and stays there forever.  I have tried launching the
installer with option 6 and used set vm.old_contigmalloc=1 but this did
nothing.  I tried the installation with FreeBSD 5.3 and the same thing
happened.  Hope you can help me sort this out as I have a simmilar compaq
server which has it installed and works fine.  Many thanks for your time.