Zan wrote:
Hello,

Would you please help me?

in my /usr/local/bin I can clearly see that there is a newer version of perl (5.8.0) already there, but when I type 'perl -v' I see that I'm running off of 5.0.

5.8 is from ports. 5.0.6. i think, is system based

Is there anything else I can do besides trying the
"use.perl port" command? Because that doesn't seem to work,

you need to install the perl from ports before using "use.perl port".

and my jail
did not come with a ports collection.

virtual hoster? can you download the ports collection and use it? (check that you can compile first ;) )