I had been having some problem trying to get FreeBSD installed onto a
free partition because I was unsure whether my Voodoo 3500 AGP card was
supported by X Windows.

Thanks to some help received I now know that I need to use the tdfx
driver.  However when I select this as part of the graphical or shell-
based W Windows setup during install it still fails.  I wonder if
anyone can advise whether I am missing some quirk of using the card.

With regard to the graphical setup it may be useful to note that all
the other devices are shown correctly while the graphics card is only
shown as an outline box.  Is it time to try to pick up a cheat ATi
card?

Cheers,

Steve Hodgson